The news is by your side.

Which IELTS Test Should You Do? Academic or General?

Two test to chose from

IELTS academic or general training, which do you need? So, you know you need to take an IELTS test. You are probably wondering, which test should I take. IELTS offers an academic and non-academic version, that’s called general training. Everyone’s situation is different but here are a few tips to help find out which test is right for you.

IELTS Academic

IELTS academic could be the right test for you, if you are planning to study at university or you’re applying for professional registration. Whether you’re a doctor and engineer or teacher in training, it assesses whether you are ready to begin studying or training in an environment where English is the language used.

IELTS General Training

IELTS general training might be the choice for you if you are going to an English-speaking country to do secondary education, work experience or a training program. It focuses on everyday language that you might use in the workplace or in day-to-day conversations. And finally, remember, every organization that you’re applying to, sets their own arts requirements. They decide, if they will accept academic or general training results and the level of English or band score that you need to demonstrate. So before booking your test, it is a good idea to contact them directly and ask which tests you need to be enrolled in.

Whichever you choose, from me to you, all the best for your IELTS test. You can find out more about the two types of IELTS tests here.

See also  of & from – Espresso English

Access free practice tools

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.