Uses Of Prepositions time,space etc. Lesson No 7 English Grammar Ielts Exams Preparation
toward the evening,
sat viewing far on into the night,
pending his arrival,
from first April,
- since yesterday .,
- until his appearance,
- ascend with the sun,
- inside a month.
- endured as the night progressed,
- After his passing,
- landed before me,
- behind time,
- by three o’clock,
- during the entire day,
- for a long time,
- at an early date,
- hold up till to-morrow,
- ten minutes to twelve,
- towards night,
23-Agency, instrumentality, as,
- was demolished by fire,
was staggered by a blow,
cut it with a blade,
Sell merchandise at closeout,
sent the package by post,
- heard this through a companion.
24 coming up next are the absolute most normal relations demonstrated by Prepositions:
- remained behind the blind,
- remain by me downpour originates from the mists,
- in the sky,
- fell into a jettison,
- lies close to his heart,
- the precipice hangs over the ocean,
- lies upon the table,
- Spot, as,
lies beneath the surface,
sat close to me,
inclined toward a divider,
fell among cheats,
squabbled among themselves,
hanging on by a thread,
remained before the entryway,
- inside the house,
- remained without the entryway.
- Approached the world,
- stumbled into the street,
- visit round the world,
put pen to paper,
gone towards Nasik,
lay under the table,
- walked through the town,
- reached the stopping point,
- moved up the stepping stool.
25-Prepositional Uses Of Mannar,as
Battled with courage,won with ease,dying by inches, worked with genuineness.
26-Prepositional Uses Of rate, value,Measure, standard, as,
- It was one by the pinnacle clock.
- He charges enthusiasm at nine percent.
- I am taller than you by two inches.
27-Prepositional Uses Of Possession, as,
- There was no cash on him.
The mosque of Omar.
A wealthy person.
The kid with red hair.
28-Prepositional Uses Of reason, purpose,cause, as,
- shudders with fever,
- took medication for cold.
- Worked to benefit mankind,
- passed on of fever,
- does it from perversity,
- withdrawn through dread of a snare,
- the very spot for an outing,
- did it/or our great,
- experiences gout,
- kicked the bucket from weariness,
- lost his handbag through carelessness.
- covered it through disgrace,
29-Prepositional Uses Of motive,Inference, source, as,
- From what I am aware of him, I dither to confide in him.
- The knights were daring from bravery of sprit.
His aptitude originates from training.
Light radiates from the sun.
This is a citation from Milton.
- He did it from appreciation.
30-Prepositional Uses Of concession,contrast, , as,
- After (disregarding, in any case) each exertion, one may come up short.
- For one adversary he has a hundred companions.
For (regardless of) all his riches he isn’t content.
- With (regardless of) every one of his flaws I respect him.