Uses Of Preposition ? Lesson No 3 English Grammar Ielts Exams Preparation
6-A condition can likewise be the object to a Preposition; as,
There is no significance in what you say.
Give cautious consideration to what I am going to say.
7-Sometimes the object to a preposition is an Adverbial Phrase; as,
- He didn’t see her till a few days back.
- He swore from day break till far into the night.
- I was contemplating how to evade him.
- Each article was sold at over a pound.
- The commotion originates from over the waterway.
- He was not elevated to the position of a colonel till inside a few months of his acquiescence.
- I sold my vehicle for under its half expense.
8-The object to a Preposition, when it is a relative pronoun, is sometimes discarded; as,
These are the acceptable guidelines lo live by. [Here which is understood.]
He is the man 1 was searching for. [Here whom is understood].
9-Several words are utilized sometimes as Adverbs and a few times as Prepositions A word is a Preposition when it governs a thing or pronoun; it is an Adverb when it does not.
- Proceed to run about.
- I was unable to precede.
- Has he come in?
- Take this package over to the mail station.
- I have not seen him since.
- The wheel fell off.
- Let us proceed onward.
- His dad showed up soon.
10-More much of the time Prepositions follow the verbs and stay discrete; as,chuckle at, look for,Boast of,send for.
He bragged his achievements.
11-Prepositions are generally utilized in structure with verbs, to shape new verbs.
Sometimes they are prefixed; as,
Attempt, maintain, pull back, withhold,Outbid, overcome, overflow, overlook, experience.withstand.
Instances Of Prefixed Preposition :
- I have not dozed since yesterday.
- Try not to dally about the road.
- I came two days ago.
- It is safe to say that he is his room?
- He administers over an immense realm.
- The book lies on the table.
- The driver bounced off the vehicle.
- Following a month he returned.