The news is by your side.

Princess Charlene of Monaco is in a stable condition after being rushed to a hospital following a collapse at her South African lodge on Wednesday night

0

Princess Charlene of Monaco is in a stable condition after being rushed to a hospital following a collapse at her South African lodge on Wednesday night. 

The royal, 43, was admitted under an alias to the Netcare Alberlito Hospital after the ‘medical emergency’ caused by complications from an infection she contracted in May. 

A foundation set up in her name said in a statement on Friday: ‘Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco was rushed to hospital by ambulance late on Wednesday night after collapsing due to complications from the severe ear, nose and throat infection she contracted in May.

‘Her medical team is currently evaluating her but have confirmed the princess is stable.’ 

The hospital refused to confirm what procedures or checks were carried out citing confidentiality legislation, but a source said she had been admitted as a VIP patient and treated on a separate floor to other patients.

Charlene was last seen in Monaco in January and has been in her home country of South Africa for months. 

In May, she fell ill with a ‘serious sinus infection’ and two weeks ago she underwent a ‘four-hour operation under general anaesthesia’.

It comes after Prince Albert of Monaco finally reunited with his wife last week after three months apart as his family flew out to be with her while she recovers from the mystery operation.

Princess Charlene of Monaco was admitted to hospital after a medical emergency in South Africa this week, it has been revealed

The royal, 43, was admitted under an alias to the Netcare Alberlito Hospital (pictured) in northern Durban on Wednesday night

She was last seen in Monaco in January and has been in her home country of South Africa for months after contracting a ‘serious sinus infection’.Pictured in South Africa in March

Nicole previously said that after Albert married his wife Charlene, the royal distanced himself from his son (pictured, Charlene with Albert in South Africa last week) 

He is facing growing calls to reveal whether his marriage is on the rocks after he attended a ball alongside his former mistress and their love child.

In May, the Royal Palace of Monaco announced that Princess Charlene was unable to leave her native South Africa after having contracted an ear, nose and throat infection.

The former Olympic swimmer was in South Africa to raise awareness about rhino poaching according to the Palace’s statement: ‘During a trip to the African continent as part of a wildlife conservation mission, Princess Charlene contracted an ear, nose and throat infection that does not allow her to travel.’

Meanwhile, recent images emerged showing Albert’s former mistress Nicole Coste and their love child Alexandre Grimladi-Coste, 18, attending Monaco’s Red Cross Ball alongside in July, during Charlene’s leave of absence from the country.  

The absence of Charlene, Fhoto Taken which has involved missing a string of high-profile events, has led to speculation around the state of her marriage after news emerged that Albert is facing a paternity suit over a love child born in the early years of their relationship.

Charlene and Albert reunited last week for the first time in months after Albert and their children flew to South Africa, but photographs of the pair embracing were branded ‘awkward’ by a body language expert. 

In recent weeks, lifestyle magazines across Europe have speculated feverishly that the royal couple could be headed for divorce. 

French magazine Madame Figaro stating the images ‘failed to convince the Monegasques’ amid reports Charlene is looking for a house in Johannesburg. 

Prince Albert of Monaco is facing growing calls to reveal whether his marriage to Princess Charlene is on the rocks after he attended a ball alongside his former mistress Nicole Coste and their love child during his wife’s extended stay in South Africa (pictured, left Prince Albert at the Red Cross Ball in July 2021, and right, Nicole Coste at the event)  

Images have now emerged online showing Albert and Nicole’s love child Alexandre (right) attending the ball alongside Prince Albert 

According to , the magazine asked: ‘How long can she remain away from her children, her duties?’

‘How long will the fight against rhinoceros poaching remain the Princess of Monaco’s top priority? 

‘How long will Albert II of Monaco go on bearing this affront, which is becoming ridiculous?’

Historian Philippe Delorme said that ‘lots of people got the impression it was an arranged marriage’ between Charlene and Albert, adding: ‘Albert chose a wife who resembled his mother, and Charlene clearly felt very ill at ease in this Grace Kelly role they wanted her to play’ 

In photographs shared online, Nicole can be seen wearing an elegant purple gown to the event with dangling diamond earrings, while the son she shares with Prince Albert (right) opted for a blue suit

In May 2005, just before he was enthroned as Prince of Monaco, Albert confirmed he was the biological father of Alexandre, 18, whose mother was Nicole, a former Air France flight attendant from Togo (pictured together in 2002) 

Former Olympic swimmer Charlene reportedly tried to flee Monaco for her native South Africa on three separate occasions before the royal wedding after discovering Albert had allegedly fathered a love child – his third – while they were together.She was seen in floods of tears on her wedding day in 2011 (pictured) 

The couple recently reunited for the first time in months after Albert and their children flew to South Africa, but photographs of the pair embracing were branded ‘awkward’ by body language expert Judi James 

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.