The news is by your side.

How To Apply For An Australian Student Visa

Step 1: Get evidence of English language proficiency

Most international students need to meet English language requirements to gain entry into their course and receive a student visa. If you need help determining the scores you need, or if you’re simply looking for more information, check our answers to a few common questions.

Australia accepts IELTS for migration purposes and for all visa applications that require evidence of English language proficiency.

Book your IELTS test for a Student Visa


Step 2: 
Apply to an education provider in Australia and get a CoE

Before you can apply for a Student Visa (subclass 500) to Australia, you should be accepted into an Australian study program. There is free help available for you. I you have an offer letter from a university, you need to accept this and pay the tuition fees. The education provider sends you an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). You need this for your visa application.

Remember, you don’t have to do this alone. There are experts who can help you apply for any Australian university free of charge.



Step 3: Create an account with the Australian immigration authorities

You can usually apply for an Australian visa online. This also lets you track your progress. Before you start your visa application you have to create an account on the Department of Home Affairs website here.

See also  5 tips to claim superior English for your Points Test Visa

To apply for a student visa you will need the following documents:

  • The CoE you received from your university
  • Proof of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Don’t have this? Compare health insurances for international students.
  • Your Passport
  • Proof of temporary stay: on your application you may show that you only plan to stay in Australia temporarily. For example, you can support this claim by attaching proof of employment or a letter from your school in your home country or similar documents.

Sometimes you will need to provide additional documents. You can use the tool on the Department of Home Affairs website.


Step 4: Complete the visa application online

If you are an international student coming to Australia, you should apply for a Subclass 500 visa. It’s probably a good idea to  apply for your visa at least 6 weeks before your course starts.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.