Today, the word startup is found daily in the information field. Every day you can hear about the success and innovation of a particular business. Indeed, every day new projects and names are created. What does the trend depend on? Ambitious people strive to realize their ideas, skills, and knowledge. Therefore, there are many former students among the creators of startups, who recently graduated from higher educational institutions. They do not want to work in foreign companies, like their parents. They want to base their business on new principles and conditions.
Thanks to the development of digital technologies, this no longer seems like an unfulfilled dream. IT services and their new features have literally changed the principles of starting and developing small businesses. The trend started just a few years ago, but it is rapidly gaining momentum. In addition, the epidemic and the lockdowns that followed it have played a crucial role in the development of new business processes based on the use of digital technologies.
The success of many start-ups that have grown into large innovative companies does not paint the whole picture of this market cluster. You may have the misconception that you only have to start your own project and soon you will achieve similar success. In fact, it’s not like that, quite the contrary. According to statistics, more than 90% of all startups fail in the first year after they are launched. Most of the remaining projects are closed within the next few years.
Starting your business is just the first step. Further, new problems and challenges await you, for which you must be prepared. And the faster and more efficiently you solve them, the higher the chance for the successful development of your business. What are the main reasons why startups close? The main ones are:
- Errors at the planning stages (incorrect analysis of the market or potential customers, lack of a competent business model and marketing strategy, etc.)
- Lack of funding
- Incorrect creation of workflows and teamwork
- Lack of communication with potential clients
Startup planning and fundraising are big topics of discussion. Let’s take a closer look at the issue of communication within the staff, with customers or partners. Many leaders do not pay much attention to this, which is fundamentally wrong. After all, communication is an essential part of running a business. A friendly atmosphere within the team increases the efficiency of employees. Customer feedback allows you to understand what changes need to be made to a startup to become more attractive to the audience. The expansion of partnerships ensures the promotion of your business and integration with other projects. So, even simple calls and text messages make a big difference!
Today, small businesses are striving to optimize all their operations with the help of digital technologies. Can you use IT advances to take communication to the next level? Yes, start using VoIP services!
What is a business VoIP service?
VoIP (“Voice over Internet Protocol”) is a technology for transmitting voice messages, SMS, and other data using IP protocols. This technology has revolutionized communication, opening up new possibilities for the transmission of information. Today, it is used by both small It teams and well-known brands to optimize communications and workflows. It is worth noting that with the help of VoIP you can call or send SMS not only to devices connected to the Internet but also regular landline phones and smartphones.
Using VoIP provides great benefits for small businesses:
- Cost reduction. You can spend the saved funds on the development and promotion of your project
- Access to all functions of the VoIP service in any geographic location. This possibility is especially relevant in recent years. After all, more and more companies are transferring their employees to remote work
- Integration with CRM and corporate applications. Today it is impossible to imagine a startup without the use of digital tools. Creation and optimization of work processes are carried out with the help of tasks and business messengers. There are many different applications on the market such as Slack. It is the most popular business teamwork tool used by millions of users around the world. Thanks to the integration with third-party applications, you can extend the functionality of the product using VoIP services. For example, Clerk opens up a new way for your business to interact with customers. Use Slack SMS for sales, support, communication with customers and panthers, or collect feedback
- Easy customization of functions for specific tasks. For example, you can create customer priority lists to answer their calls first ” I’d like to add a bulletpoint saying: “Integration with faxing. Some VOIP services also give you a free fax number to send and receive faxes online using a VOIP capabilities.”
How to choose a quality VoIP service?
You will find hundreds of VoIP services on the market today. Each tool has its own advantages and disadvantages. You can try each of them and choose the service that suits you best. Let’s look at the criteria to consider when choosing a VoIP tool:
- Reputation. If the system does not work accurately or efficiently, then customers will leave. Therefore, pay attention to the reputation of the service, reviews on the Internet, and the speed of technical support responses.
- Service price. Find out how many and what services will be included in the tariff plan. In most services, it is possible to collect the necessary package of services. Choose only what you need to work
- Possibility of integration. This is an important condition. VoIP service must have at least basic integrations, for example, with a CRM system. If this is not possible, then most applications and calls will be lost or ignored.
- Intuitive interface and user-friendly design. Each employee should easily find the information they need and change settings. If the interface is incomplete or complex, this can cause technical difficulties, which in turn will lead to the loss of customers.
Starting and growing a small business is a complex process. The use of modern IT tools helps to cope with various tasks. So feel free to use VoIP services to optimize your workflows. And soon you will notice a positive result!