On average, many of us have dreamed or planned to be a teacher at some point in time. While drawing the lines with white chalk on a blackboard, using a wooden scale to manage the mischievous students seemed like a job with a great job. For some, it was to be a drawing teacher or science teacher, or physical activity teacher.
While some let go of these childhood dreams, many chose it to be the motive of their life. The candidate may choose from various courses to opt for that will lead the path to become a teacher.
You may complete your Bachelors in Education or a Diploma in education, depending on your choice. Teachers are employed in government and private schools. There are teaching types that a candidate can choose to teach for, e.g., Pre-school, Nursery, Primary or Secondary.
One such prominent examination to enter the work of ‘Shiksha Mandir’ is Central Teacher Eligibility Test.
Some of the vital factors about the examination are:
- Central Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted twice a year on a national level.
- You may choose your language for appearing among the 15 languages, e.g., Hindi, English, Marathi, Gujarati, Telugu, Urdu, etc.
- You may appear for mock tests on various academic sites to prepare for the exam and know your strengths and weaknesses.
- For the application, you may visit the official site and apply via online mode only. The fees vary depending on whether you wish to appear for a single paper or both. Also, it is different for the reserved category.
- The eligibility criteria for the exam are of a wide range enabling many aspirants to apply.
- The examination consists of two papers. The candidate may decide whether to decide to attempt either or both. Paper one is for the aspirants willing to teach from class 1st to 5th, while paper two is for the one who intends to conduct 6th class to 8th.
- The validity of the Central Teacher Eligibility Test certificate is seven years. But there are no restrictions to the number of attempts one can make.
- A candidate may take online classes to study the syllabus at his/her convenience.
- There are some book recommendations for the one who wants to study the old school method.
- Always make sure you check the admit card with the details. The correct Name, Date of Birth, Date of exam, Photographs, etc., should always be cross-checked.
- However, the exams aren’t as easy as it seems. Aspirants must practice well through the mock test to know the capabilities. The number of applicants clearing the examination and getting certified is just a handful.
- Unlike other competitive exams, CTET does not have any negative markings.
- CTET Answer Key is released on the official website after a few days of the examinations, wherein you can evaluate and compare your answers.
- For practicing the examination, aspirants may also check the previous exam papers.
- It is advisable to keep the admit card safe and clean for further reference. The admit card includes the roll number you might need to keep handy to check the CTET Result.
While the National Defence Academy, Combined defense service, Air Force Common Entrance test are for defense aspirants, the Union Public Service Commission exam is for Civil services and defense services; the Central Teacher Eligibility Test is the esteemed examination for the candidates seeking employment in the teaching area.