The news is by your side.

Australian Permanent Residency Visas Explained

Skilled Migration
  • Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)

Do you have skills Australia needs? This visa lets you live and work permanently anywhere in Australia. It is a points based visa. However, you don’t need a sponsor or nominator for this visa. Read about extra points you can get for English language skills.


Sponsored & Nominated Migration
  • Employer Nomination (Subclass 186)

Are you a highly skilled worker? Maybe you could get Australian PR. This visa lets you live and work in Australia without restrictions. For this visa, you need an Australian employer to nominate you.

  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)

If you are nominated by an Australian employer for a job in regional Australia, you can apply for a Subclass 187 visa. Just remember, this visa is limited to work in some parts of Australia. For example, it does not include Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane. It also doesn’t include Newcastle, Wollongong, or the Gold Coast.

  • Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)

When you have a skill Australia needs, you could apply for a Subclass 190 visa. This visa requires you to complete a skills test. Also, you need a nomination from a state or territory government. When successful, you can live and work in Australia on a permanent basis.


Book your IELTS test for an Australian visa


Business Migration
  • Business Innovation & Investment Visa (Subclass 888)

A short-term Business Innovation and Investment Visa, is a path to a PR visa. Subclass 888 allows you to own and manage a business in Australia. Further, it allows you to invest in Australia. You must be nominated by an Australian state, territory or agency.

  • Business Talent Visa (Subclass 132)
See also  Food, dish, meal, or cuisine? – Espresso English

Experienced business owners can apply for a Business Talent Visa. With this visa, you can operate a business in Australia. An Australian state or territory government must nominate you before you can apply.


Family-Based Australian Permanent Residency
  • Partner Visa (Subclass 801)

Do you have family in Australia? Because if you do, you may be eligible for Australian permanent residency. For example, you can join your partner in Australia with the Partner Visa (Subclass 820). You can apply for a Permanent Subclass 801 after your Subclass 820 visa.


Former Australian Residents
  • Resident Return Visa (Subclass 155)

You could apply for this visa if you are a former Australian permanent resident. Likewise, if you are a former Australian citizen who lost or renounced Australian citizenship, this is also the visa you can apply for to return.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.