Advanced Uses Of Prepositions Lesson No 6 English Grammar Ielts Exams Preparation
18-On the other hand, certain words consistently take the infinitive after them; as,
- I decrease to state anything further.
- I hope to meet resistance.
- He wants to win the main prize.
- We are completely disposed to make a decision of others as we discover them.
- He expects to incorporate a Marathi word reference.
- He prompted us to cease from that endeavor.
- It is difficult to gain admittance to him.
19-Do not utilize the infinitive with specific words which require a relational word followed by an “ing” word or by a verbal thing.
- He is unwilling to playing a game of cards.
- I don’t have confidence in spoiling hirelings.
- He is sure of verifying the principal prize.
- He has scarcely any opportunity of succeeding.
- He is dependent on betting.
- 1 helped her in climbing the slope.
20-Sometimes a word takes a specific Preposition after it in one setting and an alternate Relational word in another specific situation.
- We ought to adjust to conditions. My companion obliged me with a credit.
- I contrast with you on this inquiry. Your vehicle varies from mine in a few regards.
- I am on edge about the outcome. Her folks are on edge for her wellbeing.
He has resigned from business. He has resigned into private life.
Relational words with types of transport Employments Of By Preposition
21-We use by + thing when we talk about methods for transport. We don’t utilize the or an/an prior to the thing.
- They went via train, (not: by the/a train)
- We state by bike, by vessel/transport/plane, via air/ocean, via vehicle/taxi/transport/train.
We don’t use by when the reference is to a particular bike, vehicle, train, and so forth.
- I’ll go on the 7.30 transport.
- They arrived in a taxi.
We use on to mean a particular bike, transport, train, ship or plane, and in to mean a particular ambulance,car, taxi, van, lorry.
- They went in Mr. Alexandar’s vehicle. (not: by Mr. Alexandar’s vehicle)
- Alexa went there on their bicycle, (not: by their bicycle)
- He goes to the workplace by walking. (= He strolls lo the workplace.)
- We state by walking (not by foot).